Monday, December 6, 2021

Macaroons by Moonlight by Annette Miller

 


We continue our 25 Days of Christmas with Macaroons by Moonlight by Annette. This novella is such a fun holiday romance filled with the magic of Christmas. It’s the perfect book to usher in the holiday spirit. Check out my full review on Goodreads.



Blurb

When Joanna Robillard’s car breaks down in front of the Heavenly Bites cookie shop, it’s just another part of the string of bad luck since she started her trip west. Her money’s almost gone, now she needs repairs and a place to stay. When the owner of the shop comes out, she’s struck by his resemblance to the tall elves in fantasy movies.

Davin Mines owns the shop where Joanna’s car breaks down. He offers her a temporary job to help her earn money to get her car fixed. But the longer she’s there, the more he thinks she belongs with him. However, he has his own magical secret to fulfill the promise of the holiday season.

Read it today



Peek between the pages:

Joanna picked up her fork and poked at the crust. “Can we stop all the discussions about me before I get even more depressed? I’ve made a complete mess of my life.”

“Not true,” Davin said. “After all, you got to meet me.”

She glanced up and smiled at the twinkle in his eyes. “You’re quite full of yourself, aren’t you?”

“Nope. I only speak the truth.” He frowned. “Unless you don’t care for my company.”

A laugh escaped her before she could stop it. “I do care for your company. You and Isaac and Ms. Warner have all been very kind to me. I didn’t think nice people existed anymore.”

“They do. You just have to look a little harder to find them these days.”

Joanna gazed into his eyes. When she first met him, they looked ice blue. Now, the color looked more like the blue shadows the sun would cast on snow. Her heart did another little dance. Maybe Davin Mines was an elf and had cast a spell over her. Magic was the most logical explanation for the rush of blood to her head and the butterflies in her stomach.



Come back tomorrow to discover more Christmas novellas.



No comments:

Post a Comment