Friday, November 1, 2013

Feature Friday: Lisa from Bookworm Lisa


With me today is Lisa from Bookworm Lisa. If you're in need of something new to read, you should stop by her blog. Her insightful reviews will help you to find the perfect book for you.


Please help me welcome Lisa!

Cherie: How did you get started in blogging about books?  
Lisa: It all started when  a friend invited me to Goodreads. I have always been a reader, this just became the logical extension of what I was already doing.  I used to think that I would never have a blog.  My friends blogged, but I didn’t see the point, or think that I would have the time.  Now I enjoy it.  Funny how life turns out sometimes.

Cherie: How did you come up with the name for your blog?  
Lisa: My blog name came about because my kids always called me a bookworm.  They say I love to read, but I don’t like water.  I’m like a worm on a hook when it comes to a good book, I can’t put it down.  I really do have a phobia about deep water, it’s kind of sad.

Cherie:  Bookworm Lisa is catchy and easy to remember, too. What’s your favorite part about blogging? 
Lisa: My favorite part is all of the people who I am now acquainted with.  We have never met, but have things in common.  It’s cool to know there are other book nerds around like me.  I also can usually tell if I will like a book based on who is reading it.

Cherie: That's so true! Do you have any pet peeves that make you want to put down the book your reading? 
Lisa: The “F” word.  Sometimes it is appropriate for the setting, sometimes it seems to be thrown in for no reason at all other than to increase the minimum age of the reader.

Cherie: What type of books do you enjoy?  
Lisa: I enjoy any book that has a good plot and setting. 

Cherie: Two important elements. =)  If you start a book that isn't grabbing your attention, how far into the book will you read before you put it down? 
Lisa: About half way.

Cherie: Who’s your favorite book mom? 
Lisa: Esme Cullen

Cherie: Secret crush? (It can be anyone real or fictional.) 
Lisa: The young Rick Springfield.

Cherie: Do you believe in love at first sight? 
Lisa: Love -no, infatuation- yes!

Cherie: Have you ever experienced that head-over-heels, tingly, have-to-get-to-know-someone feeling yourself? 
Lisa: Yes, I  married him. J

Cherie: Are you drawn to the good guy or the bad guy? 
Lisa: Usually the good guy.

Cherie: What’s the first thing you notice about a guy? 
Lisa: His nose.

Cherie: If you had all the money and time in the world, where would your dream vacation be? 
Lisa: Hawaii.

Cherie: Are you a morning person or an evening person? 
Lisa: neither

Cherie: Favorite author? 
Lisa: Jane Austen

Cherie: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, or retellings?
 Lisa: I love retellings.  If a concept it good, why not keep it going.

Cherie: Do you like when your favorite books are made into movies, and why?
Lisa: No, I hate it.  A movie can never be as good as the book.

Cherie: Favorite place to read? 
Lisa: Cuddled on my bed.

Cherie: Me too! Favorite classic? 
Lisa: Pride and Prejudice

Cherie: What book are you the most excited to read? 
Lisa: Too many for a favorite.

Cherie: Are there any types of books you don’t read? 
Lisa: Erotica

Cherie: Do you have any hobbies? 
Lisa: I play the violin.

Cherie: What movie would make a great book? 
Lisa: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Cherie: It’s your birthday, and your friends got you a giant cake. What character do you hope pops out of your cake and what book is he/her from? 
Lisa: Puck from The Iron King.

Cherie: If you could choose to be any character from a book, who would it be and why?
Lisa: Elizabeth Bennett would be my choice.  It’s my favorite classic and I think it would be fun to experience that time period and meet Mr. Darcy!

Great choice! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Follow Lisa's reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment