Friday, May 23, 2014

Feature Friday: Amber from Me, My Shelf and I


Hi everyone, and welcome to Feature Friday!

Today, I have Amber from Me, My Shelf and I with me. After the interview, be sure to check out her blog.

Please help me welcome Amber.

Cherie: How did you get started in blogging about books? 
Amber: In 2010 my good friend Jen (who co-runs Fictitious Delicious Book Blog now) bet me I couldn't read 104 books in 2011. I started blogging to track my books, because I wanted something more fun and personalized than Goodreads. After a few months I realized that not only were people coming to the blog and reading what I had to say (WHAT!?) but also that there was a huge community of book bloggers out there. So I gave the blog a face lift, and changed the name from The 104 in 365 (speak the numbers) to Me, My Shelf and I and the rest is history!

Cherie: For those of you who are curious, Amber read 116 books that year, I asked. =) How did you come up with the name for your blog? 
Amber: Oh man, I must have spent 3 weeks trying to come up with something catchy and clever whose URL wasn't already taken. Me, My Shelf and I came to me just as I was about to give up for good and stick with my old name. Just POOF and there it was. 

Cherie: I like Me, My Shelf and I better than the other. It’s catchy. What’s your favorite part about blogging? 
Amber: The relationships I have built with authors and bloggers. I found my very best friends because of blogging!

Cherie: Do you have any pet peeves that make you want to put down the book your reading? 
Amber: I'm not a fan of info dumping first thing in a book. Also, when a book tends to feel like several others I read all mashed into one. 

Cherie: What type of books do you enjoy? 
Amber: New Adult and Young Adult. Specifically if they have a horror or thriller theme to them. That's my favorite!

Cherie: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, or retellings?
Amber: As long as they have their own elements brought in to make it their own, then I don't mind them. 

Cherie: Do you like when your favorite books are made into movies, and why? 
Amber: As long as the team producing tries to keep it as true to the book as possible. When something already has such a large fan base, like a book series, it's main source of viewers will be the readers and if they don't take that into account, they are setting them self up to fail from the first day. 

Cherie: That’s so true! If you could choose to be any character from a book, who would it be and why?
Amber: I would just like the magical ability to flit between being different characters at my leisure. There's so many amazing ones, I could never pick just one. 

Cherie: That’s a great answer! I want to steal it, but I won’t. Okay, try to answer the following questions in five words or less:

If you start a book that isn’t grabbing your attention, how far into the book will you read before you put it down? 
Amber: 50 Pages.

Cherie: Who’s your favorite book mom? 
Amber: Travis Maddox's mom in the Beautiful Disaster Series by Jamie McGuire

Cherie: Who’s your favorite  book dad? 
Amber: Charlie Swan from Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Cherie: Secret crush? (It can be anyone real or fictional.)
Amber: Not so secret: Dylan O'Brien and Jackson Rathbone

Cherie: Do you believe in love at first sight? 
Amber: You bet I do!

Cherie: Have you ever experienced that head-over-heels, tingly, have-to-get-to-know-someone feeling yourself? 
Amber: YES!!!

Cherie: Are you drawn to the good guy or the bad guy? 
Amber: A little of both, depends on the book.

Cherie: If you had all the money and time in the world, where would your dream vacation be? 
Amber: Tour Europe with my family. 

Cherie: Are you a morning person or an evening person? 
Amber: Evening!

Cherie: Favorite author?
Amber: Impossible to answer!

Cherie: Favorite place to read? 
Amber: Deck chair at my cabin

Cherie: What book are you the most excited to read? 
Amber: GET EVEN by Gretchen McNeil

Cherie: Are there any types of books you don’t read? 
Amber: Historical Fiction. Steampunk. Mermaids.

Cherie: Do you have any hobbies? 
Amber: Concerts. I love live music!

Cherie: What movie would make a great book? 
Amber: Titanic

Cherie: It’s your birthday, and your friends got you a giant cake. What character do you hope pops out of your cake and what book is he/her from?
Amber: Travis Maddox from Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
      AND
  Lucas from Easy by Tammara Webber


Thanks, Amber, for taking the time out of your busy day to be on my blog. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know the blogger behind the blog.

Click here to visit Me, My Shelf, and I

Follow the links below to connect with Amber

3 comments:

  1. Fifty pages is my cutoff point. Congratulations on the success of your book blog, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, My Shelf, and I is a great blog name -- sometimes I think the best ideas come just like that, in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still impressed with the number of books read in one year. =)

    Amber, thanks for being on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete