Friday, October 30, 2020

9 Books for Fans of Witches

If you're like me, you can't get enough of witches and magic. So today I thought I'd share nine books I've either read and enjoyed or are on my to-be-read list. Let me know if you've read any of these books or if there is a book you think should be on the list. 


I read WITCH CHILD by Celia Rees years ago, and it remains one of my favorite books about witches. Blurb: The spellbinding diary of a teenage girl who escapes persecution as a witch--only to face new intolerance in a Puritan settlement.

EMBRACE by Cherie Colyer is the first book in my Embrace series. Good and evil live side-by-side fighting for their cause. If you read the book, let me know which side you chose. Blurb: Anything can happen in a town where people possess The Powers. Sixteen-year-old Madison Riley will discover these powers exist and she will need to embrace them if she hopes to save her friends. 

I really enjoyed MAGIC OR MADNESS by Justine Larbalestier. It's the first book in the series that I highly recommend. Blurb: For fifteen years, Reason Cansino has lived on the run. Together with her mother, Sarafina, she has moved from one place to another in the Australian countryside, desperate not to be found by Reason’s grandmother Esmeralda, a dangerous woman who believes in magic. But the moment Reason walks through Esmeralda’s back door and finds herself on a New York City street, she’s confronted by an unavoidable truth—magic is real.

HOW TO HANG A WITCH by Adrian Mather is on my to-read list. Blurb: It's the Salem Witch Trials meets Mean Girls in a debut novel from one of the descendants of Cotton Mather, where the trials of high school start to feel like a modern day witch hunt for a teen with all the wrong connections to Salem’s past.

THE WITCH'S DAUGHTER by Paula Brackston is book one in the series. I kept seeing this book on different social media feeds so I had to check it out. I'm only a few chapters in and so far I am enjoying it. A little about the book: Part historical romance, part modern fantasy, The Witch’s Daughter is a fresh, compelling take on the magical, yet dangerous world of Witches. 

The cover of THE WITCHES OF THE GLASS CASTLE by Gabriella Lepore caught my eye, so I had to add this one to my to-read list. Blurb: Sixteen-year-old Mia's life is turned upside down when she uncovers her family secret - that she and her brother Dino are witches.

WICKED: WITCH & CURSE by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie is another book on my to-read list. This one has mixed reviews, but I really want to check it out for myself. If you've read it, let me know what you thought. Blurb: Holly, Amanda, and Nicole are about to be launched into a dark legacy of witches, secrets, and alliances, where ancient magics yield dangerous results. The girls will assume their roles in an intergenerational feud beyond their wildest imaginations...and in doing so, will attempt to fulfill their shared destiny. 

PARANORMALCY by Kiersten White makes the list because the story is original and it kept me engaged. This one says it's for fans of Teen Wolf, Buffy, and Supernatural, and I agree. Blurb: Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through supernatural glamours. She’s also about to find out that she may be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

HEX HALL by Rachel Hawkins has been on my to-read list for a while. I really need to move this one up. Have you read it? Blurb: As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.


If you've read any of these books, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment