Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Guest Post: Hannah Downing's Dream Cast for Pieces of Us


Welcome to the next stop on the Blog-Hop! Huge thanks to Cherie for having me on her blog!! 

I’m so excited to do this post because I’ve never done a Dream Cast before. For those who are unsure what a dream cast is – it’s me dreaming about which actors I would choose to play my characters if the novel was ever turned into a movie. I have to admit that I had a lot of fun with this!!

 Dream Cast – Pieces of Us

CHARLOTTE
For Charlotte, I wanted someone pretty but who still looked like the girl next door. She is described in the book as being brunette and she has to be able to pass for 28 through most of the book but also be able to pull of 18 for the flashbacks. My top pick is – Rachel McAdams.

It was hard to choose though because there are so many gorgeous brunettes so I have also picked two alternates. Alexis Bledel and Eliza Dushku would both make excellent Charlottes as well.


CAMERON
I always pictured Cameron as the tall, dark and handsome type so, as horrible as it was, I forced myself to stare at hundreds of pictures of hot, dark haired men. It was a real burden! *wink* After much deliberation and drooling I finally decided that my top pick is – Milo Ventimiglia.


As with Charlotte, it was very hard to choose just one so my alternates for Cameron are Orlando Bloom and Jason Behr.

OWEN
Owen was a tough choice. He’s described as a blonde police officer and his character is a caring, sweet but strong man who wears his heart on his sleeve.  For me, that screams one actor – Tom Hardy.

But again, there were some close runners up. Ryan Reynolds or Ryan Gosling could also do Owen justice.

MICHAEL
Charlotte’s Father
Michael had to be the ‘every day’ guy. He’s a Sheriff and can have trouble showing his emotions, but he loves his daughter deeply. I saw this picture of Harrison Ford and it screamed Michael to me.


JOHN
Cameron’s Father
John is a professional man who has aged well and is still very handsome. I couldn’t go past George Clooney for this role.

ELLEN
Cameron’s Mother
I always imagined Cameron to have a slight Latino look so I thought that Penelope Cruz (makeup to look aged) would be perfect for his mother.

RYAN
Cameron’s Brother
Ryan needed to be someone who had a cheeky, fun type of personality and looked enough like Cameron to be believable as his older brother. I think Freddie Prinze Jr would be perfect!

SARAH
Ryan’s Wife
Sarah’s character is bubbly but calm enough to keep Ryan in line and she is described as being a beautiful redhead – who better than the gorgeous Aussie, Isla Fisher to fill this role?

LUCY
The Other Woman
Lucy needs to be someone who is likable enough that Charlotte would be best friends with her but who is sultry and a bit of a vixen – Scarlett Johanson fits the bill perfectly.

BONNIE
Cameron’s Sister
Bonnie is Cam’s annoyingly loveable, little sister. She had to have the same dark features as the rest of the family and a fun, playful energy. I think Nina Dobrev would be perfect!

ALEX
Bonnie’s Boyfriend
Alex is a sweet, logical guy who sees the family from both the inside and the outside and gives Charlotte some invaluable advice. For this role I need someone who is hot (of course) but also who can pull off some emotional scenes. I think Zac Efron is just the guy.


I want to thank Cherie for hoping my Dream Cast, it was so fun for me to picture my characters as real people!!  For those of you who have read the book, did you picture the characters like this or do you have some other suggestions?

Don’t forget to collect your LETTER to create the winning word to post back on my blog!!  




Pieces of Us



Charlotte Barnes was living the perfect life, until a series of events forced her from everything she knew and loved. Now, five years later, she’s ready to face her past, and the truth. But will that truth destroy her new-found happiness? Pieces of Us is an emotional roller-coaster about lost love and how one small indiscretion can ultimately change your entire life. In the end, Charlotte will question every decision she has ever made and find that, sometimes, you need to lose everything to truly find yourself.




Find Hannah Downing


7 comments:

  1. I'd like the thank Hannah for being on my blog. I love the dream cast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these choices for the cast! Scarlett Johansen as Lucy? Ha ha! I prefer Rachel McAdams, Orlando Bloom, and Tom Hardy for the lead roles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the Rachel McAdams, Orland Bloom and Tom Hardy line-up. Good dream cast, I always think it would be hard to pick one. When I read a book it's like a movie plays out in my head and I wish I could suck those images out into real life. It would be hard to match them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I always have a strong picture of who I think the characters are when I read a book. It would be great to just pluck them from my head. :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. That's an exciting line up of wonderful actors. I will go into the story with some idea.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never pictured what they look like exactly when I am reading a book, unless the author fully describes them. And then I can get that mental picture. Now I am not sure about Harrison Ford as the sheriff. I would probably in my head go with Tom Selleck that man just looks so yummy for an older guy lol. Thank you for hosting Cherie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom Selleck has aged very well. He's not a bad pick either. ;)

      Delete