Thursday, June 28, 2012

What if? #2


First, I'd like to congratulate Jenny C for winning the autographed copy of Calli Be Gold by Michele Weber Hurwitz! To read an excerpt from this fun middle grade novel click here.

And now for the What if? question of the Week. 

What is this? I'm glad you asked. It's a random question that happened to pop in my head, which I decided to post on my blog on Thursdays to help bridge the gap between hump day and Friday.  

Today’s question: What if time moved backwards?


How would that work? Would we start out adults? And would we possess the knowledge of someone in their nineties and then get younger each year? The saying “if I knew then what I know now” would be obsolete.  And you definitely wouldn’t want to tick off the people around you, because someone is going to have to look after you when you’re an infant.

Maybe it just means the sun would set before it rises. That might not be too weird. Unless it meant we’d moved through our day as if someone pressed rewind. You know, like a movie played backwards. But then the outcome of everything would happen before we actually executed any plans.

Any sci-fi fans out there? Do you know how this works, because I’m really at a loss?

4 comments:

  1. If time moved backwards would we rise from the grave and be old, only to become younger with each passing day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I like that we rise from the grave first. I just hope we don't look like corpses first. ;)

      Delete
  2. Funny you should pose this cause it was just early this year that I was telling my mom that we would be a much nice/better society if we started backwards, then YOUTH wouldn't be wasted on the YOUTH ;-)

    Thx for posting!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete