Friday, November 15, 2013

Feature Friday: Latoya from Little Library Muse


I have Latoya Hudson from Little Library Muse with me today. I really enjoy her blog, and absolution love her banner.

Little Library Muse

Please help me welcome Latoya.

Cherie: How did you get started in blogging about books?
Latoya: I began this blog as an assignment for my Information Technologies class and decided to keep it going after taking a Young Adult services class, where we had to review books. And I've been reviewing every since then.

Cherie: Those sound like fun classes! How did you come up with the name for your blog?
Latoya:  I was sitting at my computer in class racking my brain because I knew I liked mythology and fairies but I wanted it to be library related…it seriously just popped in my head. I am in essence a muse; I’m good at encouraging people.

Cherie: It’s a great name for a book blog. What’s your favorite part about blogging?
Latoya: Getting to connect with readers and authors but my favorite thing is doing character interviews.  
 Cherie: Do you have any pet peeves that make you want to put down the book your reading?
Latoya:  If it’s too slow or the character is unbearably dense, however I have yet to not finish a book that drives me crazy.

Cherie: What type of books do you enjoy?
Latoya: Paranormal, fantasy, thrillers, historical romance, romance…pretty much anything fiction. I also love audiobooks!

Cherie: If you start a book that isn’t grabbing your attention, how far into the book will you read before you put it down? 
Latoya:  Perhaps I need to learn this putting the book down when it’s not holding my attention. Baby steps.

Cherie: I think it’s great that you keep reading. I try, but if I’m not hooked by the plot or characters somewhere between fifty and a hundred pages, I move on to a new book. Who’s your favorite book mom?
Latoya:  I would have to choose Harry Potter's mom, Lily, because she is the only one I can think of. Most of the books I've read, the parents seem to be MIA.

Cherie: Secret crush? (It can be anyone real or fictional.)
Latoya:  Pritkin from Hunt the Moon and about every single male character in Beverly Jenkins romance novels.

Cherie: Do you believe in love at first sight?
Latoya:  Yes and no.

Cherie:  Have you ever experienced that head-over-heels, tingly, have-to-get-to-know-someone feeling yourself?
Latoya:  I have maybe once in my life.

Cherie: Are you drawn to the good guy or the bad guy?
Latoya:  I like a little bad in my good guy.

Cherie: What’s the first thing you notice about a guy?
Latoya:  His teeth.

Cherie:  If you had all the money and time in the world, where would your dream vacation be?
Latoya:  Tahiti or Greece.

Cherie: Are you a morning person or an evening person?
Latoya:  Evening

Cherie: Favorite author?
Latoya:  Karen Chance & Marissa Meyer

Cherie: Do you like when your favorite books are made into movies, and why?
Latoya:  It depends, the Harry Potter, Memoirs of a Geisha and Lord of the Rings movies are good adaptations to me. Sometimes, the key elements that make the book special can get lost in the translation and I would like to keep the images I have in my mind. I wish Hollywood would leave some books alone, yet I’m conflicted on this topic.

Cherie: Favorite place to read?
Latoya:  In bed or a comfy chair

Cherie: Favorite classic?
Latoya:  Pride and Prejudice

Cherie: What book are you the most excited to read?  
Latoya:  Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Cherie: Are there any types of books you don’t read?
Latoya:  Non-fiction with the exception of cookbooks, crafts and photography books

Cherie: Do you have any hobbies?
Latoya:  Photography, writing (though not in a long while), music and whatever craft I have my mind set on learning (currently crocheting, which isn’t going very well) and making jewelry and bookmarks.

Cherie: What movie would make a great book?  
Latoya:  The Best Man

Cherie: What’s the worst cover to a book that you loved?
Latoya:  I can't think of any at the moment like that.

Cherie: It’s your birthday, and your friends got you a giant cake. What character do you hope pops out of your cake and what book is he/her from?
Latoya:  Alex or Jean Lafitte from Elysian Fields

Cherie: If you could choose to be any character from a book, who would it be and why?
Latoya:  Cassie Palmer from the Karen Chance series, she's tough and persistent plus she has some pretty hot guys on her side or DJ from Elysian Fields for the same reason. 

Thanks, Latoya, for being here today! It’s great to get to know you better.

Connect with Latoya

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for being here! It was great to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that a comfy chair is the best place to read- I'm there right now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's one of my favorite places to read too. =)

    ReplyDelete