Friday, November 22, 2013

Feature Friday: Kelly from Kindle and Me



Welcome to Feature Friday. A meme dedicated to meeting the people behind the wonderful book blogs we love to follow. 


Today I have Kelly from Kindle and Me here. If you haven't checked out this blog, you really should!

Cherie: How did you get started in blogging about books?
Kindle and me: Kelly joined Anjana the beginning of this year.  Anjana has been blogging for several years. Anjana ran an ad on the blog looking for help. So I, Kelly, replied. I do most of the posts currently.  Anjana is a busy beaver working and going to grad school. She needs an Assistant. Anyone know of one??

Cherie: How did you come up with the name for your blog?
Kelly: Anjana got a new kindle and went with that. Although she says it should have been Me and My Kindle.

Cherie: What’s your favorite part about blogging?
Kelly: Getting word out to others on all that’s out there!! I also like it when someone wins a giveaway and you can feel their excitement in their comments!

Cherie: And we appreciate it! Do you have any pet peeves that make you want to put down the book your reading?
Kelly: Sex at the beginning of a book! Next up are F bombs. I am not a fan, never was!

Cherie: What type of books do you enjoy?
Kelly: Give me a romance any day! I am a fiction person, I want to escape reality.

Cherie: Me too! Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, or retellings?
Kelly: Nope, not at all. I like reading the different versions! I have read a lot of Pride and Prejudice retellings lately! I own them all too!

Cherie: Do you like when your favorite books are made into movies, and why?
Kelly: I used to. But my mind plays it differently than the directors mind. I like mine better.

Cherie: If you could choose to be any character from a book, who would it be and why?
Kelly: I can’t think of her name and it is only a side character anyway from The Vampire Academy but she is one of the Dhampir Instructors at the academy who is still  in great shape and kicks butt.  I always wanted to be her and still do. She is kicking butt in the 40 and 50’s!

Cherie: Okay, try to answer the next set of questions in five words or less. If you start a book that isn’t grabbing your attention, how far into the book will you read before you put it down? 40 pages or pure frustration

Secret crush? (He or she can be anyone real or fictional.) err, uh, my husband!

You're a lucky girl to have married your secret crush! Do you believe in love at first sight?
It can happen, but rarely.

Have you ever experienced that head-over-heels, tingly, have-to-get-to-know-someone feeling yourself?
Nope

Are you drawn to the good guy or the bad guy?
good guy (Darn it)

Ha! That made me smile! What’s the first thing you notice about a guy? His face

If you had all the money and time in the world, where would your dream vacation be? New Zealand

Are you a morning person or an evening person? I work nights, nuff said!

Favorite author? I plead the 5th! TOO MANY

Favorite place to read? On the beach!

I’m jealous! There’s no beach near me. Favorite classic? Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

What book are you the most excited to read? Next I am waiting for Richelle Mead’s The Fiery Heart

Are there any types of books you don’t read?
Not Erotica.

Do you have any hobbies?
Reading, Reading and traveling

What book would make a great movie?
Blackmoore A Proper Romance by Julianne Donaldson

What’s the worst cover to a book that you loved?
Somewhere to Dream by Genevieve Graham

It’s your birthday, and your friends got you a giant cake. What character do you hope pops out of your cake and what book is he/her from?
Dimitri from Vampire Academy

Kelly, thanks so much for being here today!

Connect with Kelly and Anjana from Kindle and Me!



2 comments: