A big THANK YOU to Tina Moss for this Liebster Award.
I’m honored to be a recipient.
Blogging has given me a way to connect with writers and readers across the blog-o-sphere and I've had the pleasure of meeting a lot of wonderful people. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers and gives glimpses into our lives. We then get to pass on the honor to others. So today I’ll be sharing with you 11 fun facts about me, I’ll answer my nominator’s questions, and I’ll tag 11 new bloggers for the award.
First things first, eleven fun facts about me:
1. I need a good cup of coffee in the morning. It’s that serious.
2. My second novel will be out this summer. J
3. I support my writing habit with a tech job.
4. Some of my best ideas come to me while I’m driving. (And I love that I can now tell my phone to take a memo. No more hastily written notes at stop lights.)
5. I’m positive my guardian angel worked overtime to keep me out of trouble when I was a teen.
6. I have a thing about closet doors being closed. I won’t go to sleep if the one in the bedroom is open. (I’ve seen Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. I know what comes out of closets!)
7. My weakness is gooey chocolate chip cookies just out of the oven.
8. I love to read the little inspirational notes on the inside of the Dove chocolate wrapper.
9. I feel as if I’m slacking if I don’t write every day.
10. I enjoy long walks outdoors.
11. I have more fun facts about me in the tab labels “About Me” above.
My nominator’s questions and my answers:
1. Who is the author you admire most? This is a hard one because I have a long list of authors I admire, but I’m going to say Maggie Stiefvater. I enjoyed both her Lament series and the Linger series and she seems like she’d be very down to earth.
2. Why do you write (in five words or less)? I love spinning new tales.
3. What is your favorite genre to read? YA paranormal
4. Who is your biggest inspiration? My family
5. What advice would you give to new writers? Do it because you love to write.
6. What is your favorite hobby? Reading
7. Are you a cat or dog person? Dog
8. Where is your ideal vacation spot? Maui
9. What is a place you want to visit, but haven't yet? Europe
10.What is the meaning of life in one word (or number) *wink*? Three ??
11. If you're on a desert island, what are three things you must have? Is there cell service? I don’t know if I could survive without either my phone or tablet. Of course, I’d have no way to charge them. Hmm…a book on how to survive off nature, a very large notebook, and a huge pack of pens.
Now for the new nominees whose blogs I enjoy:
Your new questions:
1. What do you like best about blogging?
2. Mountains or ocean?
3. Favorite author?
4. Are you an outliner or a panster?
5. Where do you find your inspiration?
6. What fictional world would you like to visit?
7. KFC or Popeye’s?
8. Are there any books you won’t read?
9. Name three people (living or dead) you’d like to meet?
10. Do you have any advice for fellow bloggers?
11. Is this your first Liebster award?
The Liebster Rules:
1. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers.
2. Each blogger should post 11 facts about himself / herself.
3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions that are asked by the nominating blogger.
4. Choose 11 new bloggers to nominate for the Award and link to them in the post.
5. Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
6. Go back to their pages and tell them they've been nominated.
7. No tag backs.
If you'd like to participate, feel free to snag the questions and begin your own round of the Liebster Awards!