Thursday, May 4, 2023

In honor of Throwback Thursday: Embrace

 

Hi! And welcome to my blog. In honor of Throwback Thursday, I have an excerpt from my debut novel EMBRACE. This was my first book baby, the one that took me from aspiring author to published author. Madison Riley and her friends are still some of my favorite characters. The magic in this book inspires the magic in my later books. 

Be sure to read to the end, I have exciting news!


Peek between the pages

Ishould have cared what I wore, but I couldn’t quite get there. I didn’t see any point in dressing up just to get knocked down. Now, if my best friend had said, Epic party and we’re going, I would have rushed upstairs and changed out of the cream tank top I’d rescued from the hamper that morning, and I would have put on my new jeans, the ones with the rhinestones on the pockets. But that’s not what Kaylee said.

“Your life’s about to change, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

That’s what she’d blurted into the phone just after she had told me she’d be by in fifteen minutes to pick me up for the party at Wingaersheek Beach. She hadn’t said, I have a great surprise for you, or, You’ll never believe how happy you’re going to be. She hadn’t said anything to hint this change was good, and that bothered me.

For me, change meant major adjustments in my life. It meant learning to live without people I loved. Taking on responsibilities I wasn’t ready for. It meant even a tub of chocolate and peanut butter ice cream and all the lattes in the world wouldn’t make things better.

I called her back several times. She wasn’t answering. Whatever she had to tell me, it had to be bad or she would have told me over the phone.




EMBRACE, Book 1
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance/Thriller

Blurb:
Madison is familiar enough with change, and she hates everything about it. Change took her long-term boyfriend away from her. It caused one of her friends to suddenly hate her. It’s responsible for the death of a local along with a host of other mysterious happenings. But when Madison meets a hot new guy, she thinks her luck is about to improve.

Madison is instantly drawn to the handsome and intriguing Isaac Addington. She quickly realizes he’s a guy harboring a secret, but she’s willing to risk the unknown to be with him.

Her world really spins out of control, however, when her best friend becomes delusional, seeing things that aren’t there and desperately trying to escape their evil. When the doctors can’t find the answers, Madison seeks her own.

Nothing can prepare her for what she is about to discover.
Dangerous, intoxicating, and darkly romantic, Embrace is a thriller that will leave you spellbound.

~~~


I have a special thank you coming soon to my Book Insiders. Join my mailing list, and you'll receive it too!


QOTD: Do you believe in magic?




2 comments:

  1. That was many years ago it came out, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good memory. Twelve years now. It's so hard to believe. Books three was eight years ago.

      Delete