Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Meet and Greet with Chicago Area Librarians

This past weekend I had the pleasure of being a part of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI for short) Meet and Greet. This event was for librarians. Twenty authors were present showing off their swag, books, and providing information on author visits. Below is a picture of me at my table before the event started.


The great thing about these events is meeting readers, hearing what they like to read, and hearing what their students are reading. Everyone who stopped by my table was excited about my books, which of course had me smiling. I few people had told me they recently downloaded one of my books and one woman told me Embrace was on her school's recommended reading list. I was thrilled to here that. Best of all, I made some great connections and I’m looking forward to keeping in touch with them.  

I’d like to thank the lovely and charming Sara Shacter from SCBWI and National Louis University for making this even possible.


This Friday I will be featuring Valerie from Stuck in Books, so be sure to stop back by to find out what this book blogger's pet peeves are and also learn how Valerie came up with the name of her blog. (I'm still in awe!)

2 comments:

  1. What a great event---and how cool that you're on the recommend list! You and your books look very pretty together. :)

    ReplyDelete